To date, not a single large-scale rescue operation is complete without the use of a helicopter. Especially it is impossible to conduct high-quality search and rescue operations in areas remote from localities as well as in areas with severe relief conditions.
The use of helicopters by rescue teams provides:
- quick delivery of rescuers, equipment, inventory and equipment to the emergency site;
- delivery of victims to the nearest medical facility;
- transfer of rescuers from one search area to another;
- search overflights along a route or survey of a disaster area;
- artificial descent of avalanches during the RPS in the mountains;
- lifting or removing victims from hard-to-reach places.